In West Virginia, Home Inspectors are regulated by the Office of the State Fire Marshall, which is under the West Virginia Fire Commission.
West Virginia Home Inspector Licensing Requirements
- Possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Complete 80 hours of training.
- Pass the National Home Inspector Examination offered by the Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors or equivalent.
- Acquire a general liability insurance policy with a minimum of $250,000 coverage.
- Submit your application and pay the appropriate fee.
Reduced requirements are available for those who have practiced as a professional home inspector for at least three years prior to August 2006.
Home Inspector Licensing Schools in West Virginia
- Parker Training Services - Ray, OH
- WVU Parkersburg & Safety Train - Parkersburg
Read more about WV home inspector licensing here: http://www.firemarshal.wv.gov/rldivision/Pages/HomeInspectorCertification.aspx.
Contact the West Virginia Association of Home Inspectors here: http://www.wvahi.org/